- Who is the person/entity responsible for processing your data?
The entity responsible for processing your data is AGENCIA VASCA DE INTERNACIONALIZACIÓN-BASQUE TRADE AND INVESTMENT, S.A., a trading company with address in Bilbao (Biscay), C/ Alameda Urquijo, nº 36, 4º, registered in the Mercantile Registry of Biscay in volume 5,735, folio 188, sheet BI-70.809 and with Tax ID number A-95903027.
- How did we obtain your data?
The data we process at BASQUE TRADE were obtained from you, through (i) the different forms you fill in while browsing the WEBSITE and/or other channels (e.g., registration as a WEBSITE user –when applicable–, contact forms, forms referring to job offers and/or hiring processes, etc.); or (ii) sending an email inquiry.
Additionally, we inform you of the possible processing of your social network data through the corporate profiles that BASQUE TRADE maintains available on each social network on which it is present, all under the terms and conditions established on each social network.
- What type of data do we process?
The data that we process at BASQUE TRADE are those that you have provided us with while browsing the WEBSITE, through the appropriate forms that we use to formalise our contact with you, and/or via email, as well as those others that, if applicable, we obtain through the corporate profiles of BASQUE TRADE on the social networks on which we are present.
In particular, BASQUE TRADE processes the following categories of data:
- Identification and contact data (e.g., name, surname, ID number, postal and email address, telephone number, etc.).
- Codes and identification keys as a registered user of the WEBSITE and/or of the applications accessible through it.
- Internet browsing data (e.g., IP address, web page visits, Wi-Fi network connections, etc.).
- Data on personal characteristics, training, employment, etc. (in the case of applications/job offers and/or BASQUE TRADE hiring processes in which you participate voluntarily).
- For what purpose do we process your data and under what legal basis?
The processing of your personal data pursues the following purposes:
- Manage and process your registration as a user of the WEBSITE, when possible, and on the basis of your request for pre-contractual measures or the contractual relationship established with you in this regard.
- Manage your access and use of the contents and services that BASQUE TRADE makes available to you through the WEBSITE, including blog services, social networks, or any other functions that may be accessible from the WEBSITE at all times, and on the basis of your request for pre-contractual measures or the contractual relationship established with you in this regard.
- Process and manage requests for information, suggestions, complaints or claims that you make through the WEBSITE or email, and on the basis of your request for pre-contractual measures or the contractual relationship established with you.
- Send you, through different means, including electronic means, commercial and advertising communications from BASQUE TRADE regarding products, services, offers, promotions, and any other relevant information concerning such entities, provided that you have consented, and on the basis of your consent.
- Manage your subscription to our newsletter service and the sending of the corresponding electronic communications, provided that you have consented, and on the basis of your consent.
- Manage your job application and your participation in the corresponding selection process, all on the basis of your request for pre-contractual measures.
- Maintain accessible, through our Transparency Portal available on the WEBSITE, the data that we are legally obliged to make available to the public, all on the basis of compliance with our legal obligations (applicable regulations on transparency).
- Maintain accessible, through our Contractor Profile available on the WEBSITE, the data that we are legally obliged to make available to the public, all on the basis of compliance with our legal obligations (applicable regulations on public sector contracts).
We remind you that, at any time, in cases where the processing is based on your consent, you may revoke it freely and free of charge, under the terms indicated in the following Section7.
- To whom do we communicate your data?
Apart from those cases in which BASQUE TRADE is obliged to do so by law (e.g., Tax Administrations, Justice Administrations or other Public Administrations), your data will not be communicated to third parties.
There are no plans for international transfers of your data.
- How long will we keep your data?
In general, personal data will be kept as long as you do not revoke your consent to the processing, or request its deletion, as well as the time necessary to comply with the legal obligations that BASQUE TRADE must observe.
In any case, we inform you that BASQUE TRADE has established internal data purification policies aimed at controlling the retention periods of the personal data in its possession, so that they may be deleted when they are no longer necessary and/or appropriate for the purpose for which they were collected.
- What are your rights?
The applicable data protection regulations grant you a number of rights relating to your personal data that you may exercise during their processing. These rights are as follows:
- Access to your data: you have the right to access your data to find out what personal data concerning you we are processing.
- Request the rectification or deletion of your data: under certain circumstances, you have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data concerning you that are subject to processing by us, or even request their deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Request the limitation of the processing of your data: under certain circumstances, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case we inform you that we will only keep them for exercising or defending claims as set forth in the applicable regulations on data protection.
- The portability of your data: under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, and which you have provided to us, in a structured, common use and mechanical reading format, and transfer them to another data controller.
- Objection to the processing of your data: under certain circumstances and for reasons related to your individual situation, you have the right to object to the processing of your data, in which case, we would stop processing them unless there are compelling legitimate reasons or they are needed to exercise or defend possible claims for which they must be conserved.
You also have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent given prior to its withdrawal.
You may exercise these rights by sending a written request to BASQUE TRADE at the postal address indicated in Section 1 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Finally, we inform that you can file a claim with the competent Controlling Authority (in Spain, the Spanish Data Protection Agency), especially when you have not obtained satisfaction in the exercise of your rights. You can contact this Authority through the following website: www.aepd.es.
- Security measures
BASQUE TRADE shall process your data in an absolutely confidential manner at all times, and shall keep the mandatory duty of secrecy with respect to them, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations on data protection, adopting for this purpose the necessary technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security of your data and prevent their alteration, loss, processing or unauthorised access, taking into account the state of the technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed.